Thank you for your interest in submitting your work to Encanto Press. We are an independent press that publishes literary fiction.
As an independent press, we publish a select number of titles with a focus on writing that is of the highest quality of unique and original stories and concepts that will touch readers and have a lasting impact.
We highly encourage those authors who are from traditionally marginally represented groups to submit their manuscripts for consideration.
FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS:
When submitting to Encanto Press, if you are asked to also physically mail a copy of your work, please send copies of your work—do not send original manuscripts or artwork. We will not be held liable for any lost or destroyed materials by the U.S. Postal Service or any other carrier. If you send your proposal as a hard copy, after examination, your work will be returned. However, you include a self-addressed, stamped envelope (SASE) that will accommodate your proposal as you sent it to us. Submissions not containing a SASE will not be returned, and submissions that contain insufficient postage will also not be returned.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION:
Please include the following items with your submission. Your document should preferably be in the form of a Microsoft Word or equivalent document.
We require that all submissions be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- A title and a subtitle.
- An overview of not more than 3 pages that explains the premise of your book. Please explain how your novel conforms to the attributes associated with literary fiction. Please also state why you wrote it, and who you see as the audience being (with any relevant demographic data that you may have about the potential size of your audience).
- A brief author biography (1–2 pages) that focuses on your cultural background and why you are uniquely qualified to write your book and what kind of platform you have to reach a wide audience.
- A market analysis of the potential readership for your book, including a comparison to similar books. When comparing your novel to other works in literary fiction, please briefly explain (in several sentences) how your novel differs from these titles. Please limit your comparison to 4-5 books.
- The author platform that you envision and plan to use in order to promote and market your books in the future. Please provide specific information regarding this.
- A sample chapter that is representative of the style and content of the larger work that you seek to be published.
Every manuscript that we receive is carefully reviewed by several editors. Due to the volume of submissions, the process of consideration may take several months. We ask that you do not follow up with us any sooner than 3-4 months, as your inquiries will impede our time for the review process. We thank you for providing us with the opportunity to consider your literary artefact.